14 January 2019 to 31 March 2020
Pitzhanger Manor & Gallery will be reopening after a major renovation in Spring 2019. Pitzhanger will become a meeting place for creativity, debate and participation, reanimating Sir John Soane's vision to inspire and enrich our communities with art, architecture and design.
Our mission is:
• To conserve and revitalise Sir John Soane’s Pitzhanger Manor in his original parkland;
• To celebrate Sir John Soane’s genius as a designer: to nurture understanding of the relevance of Soane’s work today, and to carry forward his passion to inspire future generations in art, architecture and design;
• To offer a programme of compelling, ambitious and stimulating exhibitions that provoke and inspire;
• Through an imaginative and wide-ranging programme of participation and events to enable a broad and diverse audiences in Ealing, West London and beyond to ignite their creative potential;
• To offer a stimulating place for creative reflection and debate that will encourage fresh ideas and new connections that enrich our lives; and
• To develop a sustainable business that enables Pitzhanger to deliver its aspirations in the long term, seeking to diversify and grow income streams from a wide range of fundraising and commercial activity.
Visitor Experience Volunteers will be an integral part of opening Pitzhanger Manor & Gallery to the public in Spring next year.
We are looking for people to join our friendly and dedicated team of volunteers! If you love meeting new people, have a passion for the arts, history or architecture and would enjoy volunteering alongside knowledgeable and experienced volunteers and members of staff, we’d really like to hear from you.
We're looking for a passionate and helpful volunteers with a can-do attitude. You need to be approachable and friendly. You will gain excellent customer care experience in a multi-use heritage site. We are looking for volunteers to help create an unforgettable day out for every one of our visitors. Your role will be varied; from bringing the house to life as a room warden, welcoming visitors at the information desk, selling guidebooks and merchandise from the shop as well as ensuring that every room is kept neat and tidy.
Interested? Please fill out a volunteer interest form.